Water Damage Prevention Tips
Your home's foundation is the glue that holds your house together. Water damage is the number 1 culprit in weakening the foundation of your home. If water damage goes untreated, it can weaken the structure of your house, causing you a lot of money in the long run. Follow these prevention tips below to protect your home from water damage.
#1 - Endure Good Drainage
- Clean your gutters.
- Direct downspouts 5-10' away from the house.
- Slope your yard away from the foundation.
#2 -Test Your Sump Pump
- Check your sump pump once a year.
- Test more frequently during the rainy season.
#3 - Fix Water Leaks
- Repair any noticeable dripping pipes.
- Repair any cracked caulking.
- Inspect the roof for missing, loose or damaged shingles.
If you or anybody you know has water damage that needs assistance, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Danvers/Ipwsich. We are available, 24/7!