Does Your School Have an Emergency Response Plan?
Of course your school has a plan for snow days; training for active shooter situations; fire alarm testing; and now a remote learning plan. But do you have a plan in place for what to do during a natural disaster or how to get back into your K-12 school after a natural disaster or other event like a burst water pipe or a caved in roof from a microburst?
First, your school should be ready for anything, and hope that you never have to put any of the emergency readiness plans into action. But in the event that an emergency does occur, like a tornado or a tractor trailer tipping over and releasing chemical fumes into the air, your school administration should be ready to protect and keep your students and workers safe.
In case an emergency does occur, you also need to know what to do after assuring everyone is safe. And that entails having an Emergency Response Plan.
Here at SERVPRO of Danvers / Ipswich, we pride ourselves on the work we’ve done with Massachusetts businesses and schools alike to develop an Emergency Response Plan in the form of our SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile. Our Emergency Ready Program includes the following:
- A no-cost assessment of your school. Seriously. There’s no cost.
- A Profile Document that lists the critical information you need in the event of an emergency. This is something that schools and businesses wish they had put together before a disaster happens, and now you will have it at your fingertips in case of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your school following a disaster. This guide can help you lessen the amount of time your school is inactive and your students are remote.
- A listing of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. In case there is an emergency, this saves time for us to have that information determined.
- Crucial facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Reach out to the Massachusetts emergency response experts at SERVPRO of Danvers / Ipswich for your Emergency Ready Program no-cost assessment today.